Sunday, August 12, 2012

The End....And the Beginning!

It's hard to believe as I type these words, I'll be leaving in just over two weeks for China. I received my travel approval on August 9th, and my Consulate appointment has been confirmed for September 11th!  After almost two years of being on this adoption journey, with the loss of my husband, and then the daughter we were planning on bringing home together passing away almost a year after Jay. There's a light that shines through all this, and that is Lyla. She was abandoned at four months old. She's never had a foster family. For over six years, she has spent her life in an orphanage. To think that in one month, she will be my child, and I will be her Mother. Lyla will finally know what it feels like to have unconditional love, someone who will always be there for her, a Mother who can't wait to hold her soft little hand, and wipe away her tears. To finally understand what family is, what it means, to feel special, to feel safe. I will give you all these things and more, sweet little girl. An orphan no more.

5 comments:

  1. I do not see a like / love button here but if I did I would push it 100 times for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying and hugs for your journey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl you do not know me but I have been following your journey since before the loss of your husband.I have been praying for you for quite awhile now. I am and will continue to pray for you through your journey. I cannot wait to see this beautiful little girl at home with you! Lyla....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Cheryl. Congratulations! I'm so excited for you. Praying all goes smoothly. We'll be in China the same time. We leave on the 29th and our CA is Sept. 11th, too. Maybe we'll see each other in Guangzhou!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Tim, Yvette, Tracy and Charlene!! Especially for your continued prayers!!

    ReplyDelete